Hey [reader].
So to my other blog followers - this has become a space that I am now using for my year at the Faculty of Education at Queen's University.
For my first posting, I haven't read other posts - deliberately - to try and keep my own flow and style moving.
And firstly - apologies - that I haven't updated this yet, but I do hope to be more regular with my posts in the future.
For now - please suffice it as a post to look at this website.
Its a website I put together with a colleague for PROF 101 - and identifies issues and strategies in queer culture and persons who do not follow the streamlines of our predominant heteronormal society.
It has been a learning experience for myself in the last few years to increase my own awareness with the social issues involved - and last year my roommate was a master's student in the department of Women's Studies at the University of Western Ontario and she provided me with a wealth of perspective and information. A truly amazing experience. I only wish more people understood the importance of the study of feminism - which, I should mention, is not as you may assume as the study of women, but rather, a movement that involves eradicating the oppression of all people.
So, take a look - it is elementary in setup, but I think has lots of value for getting started if you are a blank slate when it comes to celebrating all people equally [with a particular focus of the classroom].
That's it for now - until next time!
André
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
VERY impressive, André!!!
I wonder if it would be good to share the link with everyone in physics?? Perhaps you'd like to say a word or two about it to them?
A great start, and of course I look forward to reading more of what you are making of FacEd.
Yours,
Tom
Post a Comment